Thursday, March 18, 2010

Roasted Chicken and Vegetables

Another crock pot classic creation from me! SInce I am in coaching season, I am experimenting ways for me to get dinner done early in the day so we have a hot meal ready to go when we all get home.

2 boneless chicken breasts cubed
3 medium carrots, med dice on the bias
4 medium yukon gold potatoes, large dice
1/2 medium yellow onion, small dice
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 cup chicken stalk
1/4 cup mild Miso soup base
1/2 cup cream
2 tsp of no salt Kirkland Brand seasoning from Costco

Place crock-pot on Medium heat. Add stalk, seasoning and miso. Add all veggies and chicken. Stir. Cook for 4 hours. Remove veggies and meat. turn crock pot on high. Add cream to thicken sauce. You can also do this on the stove top which is a little faster. Return Meat and veggies to sauce. Serves 4. I also like to serve with some Jasmine rice because my husband doesn't love potatoes as much as rice. The sauce is wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! I love the crock pot idea, only I do not have one! Can I throw all this in a dee´p dish pan in the oven? Cover or no cover with foil... that is my question...

    ReplyDelete